Vegan No-Bake Blueberry Vanilla Cheesecake
You’ve seen me make my No-Bake Salted Almond Cheesecake on the TODAY Show, but I always like adding to the cheesecake family here on Dada Eats. Soooo, I’d like you to meet this addition to the family, a close relative of my original cheesecake: My Vegan and Gluten-Free Blueberry Vanilla Cheesecake.
At first glance, the color is almost too unreal to believe. It belongs in the MOMA and no one can tell me otherwise. But seriously, you’d think there was coloring added to create this bright, vibrant purple but… nope. Just gorgeous frozen blueberries that get blended with my creamy coconut milk and cashew cheesecake filling! This is one of my favorite recipes because it is so unbelievably decadent looking (and tasting), but you’d have no idea this dessert is made with all real, wholesome ingredients. It’s also gluten-free, grain-free, and vegan – sweetened with just a touch of maple syrup! You’d think I was lying if you tasted it. Make this and seriously impress your friends and family. It will satisfy even the most intense cheesecake lovers you know.
Date and almond crust
- 1 cup medjool dates
- 3/4 cup raw almonds
- 1 tbsp creamy almond butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
Blueberry vanilla cheesecake filling
- 1 ½ cups raw cashews, soaked soak cashews overnight, or "flash soak" by soaking in boiled water for one hour
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup + 1 tbsp full-fat coconut milk
- 1/3 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 ½ tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tbsp coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 1/2 tsp salt
- First, soak your cashews. You can soak them in water overnight or alternatively, soak them in hot water for an hour.
- Make the crust. Line an 8x8 pan with parchment or wax paper. To a food processor or high speed blender, add the dates, almonds, coconut oil, vanilla, and almond butter together until mostly pulverized and small pieces are left. The mixture should be a little dry, but sticky enough to mold.
- Press the crust into the prepared pan, using your fingers to make sure that it is completely uniform and distributed throughout the pan. It should be very firmly packed.
- Make the cheesecake filling. Drain soaked cashews (notice that they’ve expanded and are more tender when you break one between your fingers!) and add them to a high speed blender with the maple syrup, coconut milk, vanilla, lemon juice, coconut oil and salt. Blend thoroughly until completely smooth. Taste and adjust if needed with salt and lemon juice to get the balance and acidity just right.
- Pour half of the cheesecake filling over the crust and use a spatula to ensure the filling is evenly distributed over the crust.
- Now, to the remaining cheesecake filling left in the blender, add the frozen blueberries. Blend until completely smooth (and light purple color is achieved).
- Now, gently pour the blueberry filling over the vanilla cheesecake filling in your pan. Smooth with the back of a spoon or spatula until evenly distributed, being careful not to dip into the vanilla layer. Top with extra frozen blueberries, slivered almonds (if desired) and a pinch of flaky sea salt.
- Freeze cheesecake for 5-6 hours. (I know...I know… but so worth it)! When it’s done, slice into squares and enjoy! Best served after thawing for a few minutes. Store in freezer.