The Only Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
The Only Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread you will ever need.
There is a specific time of year for this bread, as I'm sure you know. The time for folks who 1) love pumpkin spice everything, 2) pretend to love pumpkin spice everything, 3) run in the opposite direction at the mere mention of pumpkin. The good news for you is that whichever camp you fall in, this Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread is the one and only for you.
I say that this Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread is the only for you because there are so many characteristics of this particular bread that I just know you’re going to love. It’s moist (sorry, the M-word) thanks to the pumpkin purée, lightly sweet from the coconut sugar and maple syrup, and perfectly fluffy thanks to almond flour and oat flour. I use a mix of these two flours to keep it gluten-free while remaining dense enough for breakfast, but decadent enough for dessert.
Since it’s me, and I have an intense love affair with chocolate that doesn’t seem like it’s going to end anytime in the near future or throughout the duration of my life, I add chocolate chips to both bump up the sweetness and add a nice complement to the mellow nutty and sweet taste of pumpkin. Even if you’re not a huge pumpkin fan, you’re going to like it. How do I know this? Well let me be honest because you know I always will be, I myself am not even a huge pumpkin fan. Pumpkin Spice Lattes? Not really my thing. Pumpkin Pie? Also not really my jam. I truly feel vulnerable even sharing this piece of information with you. But the truth is, and if you’ve been around here for a while you know that I’ll likely pick banana bread over pumpkin bread. However, this is the exception. Because truthfully, this Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread makes me rethink all of my life choices.
- 1 1/4 cups almond flour, packed
- 1 1/4 cups gluten-free oat flour, packed I recommend store-bought for this recipe
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice (sub cinnamon) bump up to 1 tsp for a stronger pumpkin pie flavor.
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup pumpkin purée
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut, cashew, or almond butter
- 2 eggs
- chocolate chips (we measure with the soul)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and grease an 8×8 square pan with olive oil, or line with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs. Add the olive oil, maple syrup, pumpkin purée, and creamy peanut butter. Whisk until smooth.
- Add the coconut sugar and mix thoroughly to combine.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the almond flour, oat flour, baking powder, baking soda, and pumpkin pie spice until incorporated.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients. Mix until thoroughly incorporated.
- Fold in the chocolate chips. I measure these with my heart and highly encourage you to do the same.
- Transfer the pumpkin bread batter to your prepared pan, tapping the pan on the counter to ensure the batter is evenly distributed throughout the pan. Add more chocolate chips on top!
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until the bread turns golden on the edges and a knife or toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool slightly before slicing and serving.