No-Bake Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles with Flaky Salt
I’m the type of person that needs a snack with basically everything I do (working, watching TV, breathing) and therefore I’m always trying to find new, fun, cute, creative ways to keep the snacking alive. Enter these Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles with Flaked Sea Salt. If you tried them, you’d have no idea that they were made with such minimal, real ingredients - but I love to trick everyone, I guess. I enjoy eating cookie dough just as much (if not more) than an actual fully baked cookie, so these are the perfect recipe for success (see what I did there). They happen to be completely plant-based and gluten-free, and are stored in the freezer (the perfect location for when a dessert emergency strikes). Watch me make them on the TODAY Show!
- Cooking Dough Filling
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 2 1/2 tbsp coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 3 tbsp creamy almond butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Chocolate Coating
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips or one 1.75-ounce chocolate bar
- Flaky sea salt, for topping
- Make the cookie dough filling: In a medium bowl, combine the almond flour, coconut flour, and coconut sugar.
- In a separate medium bowl, whisk together the coconut oil, almond butter, and vanilla.
- Add the almond butter mixture to the flour mixture and stir until combined. Add the almond milk to help create a loose, coarse dough. Fold in the mini chocolate chips.
- Line a plate or cookie sheet with parchment paper. Form the cookie dough into 1-inch balls, place them on the lined plate/sheet and transfer to the fridge so they can firm up for 10-15 minutes. While they’re in there, we can make the chocolate coating…
- Make the chocolate coating: Combine the chocolate chips and coconut oil in a microwave-safe dish and melt them in 15-second increments in the microwave, stirring after each increment until the chocolate is melted and glossy. You can also use a double boiler to melt the chocolate. Set the coating aside to cool for a few minutes.