No-Bake Brownie Batter Bars
I have a problem. And that problem is that I do not know how to stop making no-bake recipes. I guess there are worse problems to have.
These Brownie Batter Bars are divine, and I just know you’re going to make these treats on repeat! if you’re like me and “bake” brownies for a chance at scraping the bowl of the batter, you’re going to love this recipe. it’s the best no-bake dessert that is SO easy to make, with simple ingredients, and no ovens involved. Not to mention it’s also vegan, gluten-free, and refined sugar free. i keep this stocked in my freezer for dessert emergencies along with my cookie dough bars (you know the drill). If for some reason you're not into the idea of peanut butter, feel free to swap it out for cashew butter or almond butter - both will give you a more neutral taste!
3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1/3 cup + 1 tbsp maple syrup
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted & cooled
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup + 3 tbsp almond flour
1/3 cup mini vegan chocolate chips (but honestly I measure with my soul)
Pinch sea salt
1/2 cup chocolate chips
2 tsp coconut oil
Flaky sea salt for topping
1. Line a quarter baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a medium bowl, mix together the peanut butter, maple syrup, melted & cooled coconut oil, and vanilla extract until smooth.
3. Add in the almond flour.
4. Sift the cocoa powder into the bowl, and add a pinch of salt. Mix to incorporate.
5. Fold in chocolate chips.
6. Transfer the brownie batter to your prepared baking sheet and pack it down using a spatula and your hands into a rectangle-ish shape about 1/4-1/2 inch thick.
7. In a separate bowl, melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil together in your microwave in 15 second increments, stirring between intervals until completely glossy and smooth.
8. Pour melted chocolate on top of the brownie batter and smooth until even, over the entire surface area of the brownie batter. Add flaky salt on top and place in the freezer to set for about 30mins or until the chocolate has hardened. Slice into bars, and enjoy!