Mango Lassi Mocktail
Mango lassi is a very popular, refreshing Indian drink made with indian yogurt (dahi/curd), mangos, and cardamom. Sometimes malai (fresh cream) is added to make it extra creamy, but I decided to make it totally dairy-free with my take on a mocktail version of this popular and delicious indian drink.
It’s creamy and delicious and the coconut ice cubes add a little extra something! I hope you enjoy!
- 2-3 oz coconut smoothie (can find at Trader Joe’s, or brands Harmless Harvest, or Genius Smoothie the ingredients are coconut water & coconut meat)*
- Pinch cardamom
- Juice of half a lime
- Coconut smoothie ice cubes
- Honey syrup (optional - I didn’t use a sweetener because my mangoes were sweet enough)!
- Lime seltzer to top (optional, if desired)
- Pour coconut smoothie into ice cube trays and freeze overnight.
- Make mango purée by adding mango flesh to blender and blending until completely smooth. You can add a couple splashes of water to think the purée (but I prefer it thick)!
- Add the mango purée, lime juice, cardamom to a glass rimmed with lime zest and salt. Mix well. Add your coconut smoothie ice cube, then the coconut smoothie to top.
- Top with lime seltzer if you’d like. I didn’t sweeten this because my mangoes were sweet as is, but you can use honey or maple syrup to sweeten if desired!