I am calling these Dada Snickers because a) that’s kind of cute, b) we have to set them apart from the rest, and c) they’re truly one of my favorite things I’ve ever made and I am honored to put my personal stamp on them. They are vegan, gluten-free, and JUST sweetened with dates. Okay, are you interested? Let’s talk more about them. I’d like it to be known that you can make them using only 6 ingredients. That’s correct. SIX. INGREDIENTS. Want to know what they are?
- Medjool dates: chewy, juicy, thick, sweet, we love it.
- Creamy peanut butter: this is a Snickers bar, after all.
- Roasted & salted peanuts: again – this is a Snickers bar, after all.
- Shredded coconut: a little spin, à la moi.
- Almond flour: a cute base for everything above.
- Chocolate: it’s me, no further explanation needed
I cannot emphasize to you ENOUGH how excited I am for these to come into existence, and for me to share them with you. Store these in the freezer so they stay firm, and let thaw for a couple minutes before enjoying.
- 6 large medjool dates
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup roasted and salted peanuts, roughly crushed
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Combine the pitted dates, creamy peanut butter, shredded coconut, and almond flour in a high-speed blender or food processor. Process or blend until a thick and sticky dough is achieved – everything should be fully incorporated,
- Fold the crushed peanuts into the dough. The peanuts don't have to be completely crushed or pulverized, you want some pieces to remain for texture, but you'll want them to be in pretty small pieces so you can more easily form them into Snickers squares!
- Form the snickers dough into squares, using just shy of about 1 tbsp of dough each. Once you've formed all of the snickers, place them onto a parchment lined tray or plate, and place them into the freezer to firm up for about 10-15 minutes. Now, you can prepare the chocolate.
- Melt the chocolate with 2 tsp of coconut oil in the microwave in 10-15 second increments, ensuring you are stirring throughout. The chocolate should be smooth and glossy.
- Remove the snickers from the freezer. Coat each snickers with the melted chocolate, dunking them in so they are fully covered, allowing the excess chocolate to drip back down into the bowl. Place them back onto a parchment lined tray or baking sheet. Repeat with all of the snickers.
- Once you've enrobed all dada snickers in chocolate, place back in the freezer until the chocolate has hardened, about 30 minutes. Remove from the freezer, let thaw for a minute, and enjoy! Feel free to top with flaky sea salt before enjoying an extra sweet and salty kick. Store in the freezer for up to a week.