Coconut Magic Cookie Bars
These Coconut Magic Cookie Bars bring together the best of any dessert. Imagine if a chocolate chip cookie came together with a coconut macaroon, but also knew that neglecting almonds would simply be rude… so those got added into the mix, too. Have I sold you yet? These are a perfect accompaniment to a warm beverage (cough, I’m looking at you coffee, cough), or if you simply need an afternoon pick me up. They’re crumbly, lightly sweet, crunchy on the outside but chewy on the inside. These magic cookie bars have multiple layers of texture thanks to the addition of shredded coconut and thinly sliced almonds.
These bars are made with a blend of almond flour and coconut flour, and also use no dairy or eggs, making it both a grain-free and a vegan dessert option! I used a touch of coconut sugar, so it’s lightly sweetened with my favorite unrefined sweetener. I’m willing to bet you can also make these disappear…
- Prepare flax egg and set aside. Prepare an 8x8 pan by greasing it with coconut oil, and preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, cream together almond butter, melted & cooled coconut oil, vanilla extract. Fold in coconut sugar and mix. Once the flax egg is ready and has thickened, add to this wet mixture.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together almond flour, coconut flour, salt, and baking soda.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Add mix-ins (shredded coconut, almonds, and chocolate chips) to batter and fold together.
- Transfer batter to your coconut oil greased 8x8 pan. Press down until evenly distributed. Add shredded coconut, almonds, and chocolate chips to the top of the bars and press them gently down.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes at 350 degrees, until the edges are golden brown.
- Cool before slicing into bars.