Chocolate Crunch Bars
Chocolate Crunch Bars. Four ingredients. Vegan. Gluten-Free. Chocolatey. Crunchy. Are you with me?
A little backstory on these, they were actually my mom’s idea (hi mama). Her favorite candy is Nestle Crunch, and she thought it would be cute and fun to make my own version of it with less, and obviously unprocessed ingredients. And since moms are always right, here we are. These Chocolate Crunch bars are probably one of the easiest things to make – maybe even one of the easiest I have in the recipe repertoire, probably alongside my Peanut Butter Freezer Fudge. They are simple to make, no-bake, and let’s be honest, while you’re reading this you could probably have already been done with making them so what are you even waiting for?
- 1 ½ cup chocolate chips
- 3 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 cup rice crisps or brown rice crisps
- Prepare a 9” square baking pan by lining with wax or parchment paper.
- Melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil in your microwave in 15 second increments, stirring throughout, until it is smooth and glossy.
- Add the maple syrup to the chocolate and stir.
- Now, add the rice crisps into the chocolate mixture and stir to combine.
- Transfer the chocolate rice crisp mixture into your prepared pan and smooth it out so it is evenly distributed throughout the pan.
- Once even, transfer to the freezer to set for about 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from the freezer and let thaw for about 10 minutes before slicing and serving immediately.