Chocolate Chip Olive Oil Blondies
These fudgy Chocolate Chip Olive Oil Blondies will change your life and switch up how you use olive oil in your kitchen, trust me. Did you think olive oil was just for your savory cooking? That’s interesting…maybe it’s because you’ve haven’t met my Olive Oil Blondies yet. Just throwing that out there. Digest that information as you will. I absolutely love the subtle taste and gorgeous fudgy texture that olive oil lends to these blondies. It provides substance and depth without being too overpowering in flavor. I wanted to find a way to make blondies that used olive oil with minimal ingredients. Enter: these Chocolate Chip Olive Oil Blondies!
They are gooey, fudgy, lightly sweet, and a more glamorous version of a chocolate chip cookie (WHAT?). They need to be in your kitchen now. I sweetened these up with coconut sugar, and used a combination of almond and coconut flour to create the delicious texture. And with chocolate chips involved, what could possibly go wrong?! The answer is nothing.
- ¾ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 1 ½ cups almond flour
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line a 9×5 loaf pan or 8×8 square pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs. Add in the olive oil and vanilla extract. Whisk to combine thoroughly. Finally, add the coconut sugar and mix until it is fully incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients, and fold in the chocolate chips. Transfer the batter to the pan and bake for 40-45 minutes until the tops of the blondies are golden brown. Let cool completely before slicing and serving.