Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie (Vegan, Gluten-Free)
I’m going to come right out and say it: this may just be my favorite recipe.
I have a lot of dreams, it’s true, but chief among them has always been my intense desire to master a healthy, wholesome chocolate chip cookie with real ingredients. I know. Ambitious right?
There are just so many iterations of and preferences for the perfect chocolate chip cookie, but let me paint you a picture of what mine would look like. Golden brown on the outside, chewy and gooey on the inside. Studded with melty chocolate chips, with a soft, slightly under-baked center. Best eaten when fresh out of the oven. Call me a cookie texture princess. Fine. I deserve it.
My point is: I think I might have achieved one of my dreams with this Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie.
I created this recipe when I was craving something sweet to eat with my afternoon coffee (okay, so yes, this is a feeling I get around 3PM everyday of my life, but I digress…) I wanted something that would taste decadent but not feel too heavy.
My recipe uses no dairy, no eggs, and no grains. It is sweetened with coconut sugar and uses just three tablespoons of oil in the entire recipe. But don’t let all this talk fool you…I’ve tricked more than a few people into thinking it’s a lot unhealthier than it actually is. You’ll want to make and eat this on repeat – that, I’ll promise you!
My chocolate chip cookie pie also reminds me of a pizookie and would taste amazing with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top. Just throwing that suggestion out in the open. Take that for what you will…
If you do make this recipe please tag me on Instagram @DADAEATS and hashtag #DADAEATSTreats. I want to see the magic you make!
- 5 tbsp maple almond butter you can also use creamy regular almond butter, but I love that the maple gives this dessert a sweeter taste without extra sugar.
- 3 tbsp coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 1 cup + 1 TBSP blanched almond flour
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 2 flax eggs 2 TBSP ground flaxseed mixed with 5 TBSP warm water, left to sit for 5 minutes.
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp almond milk
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 oven-safe skillet
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease oven-safe skillet with coconut oil.
- First, make your flax eggs by combining 2 tbsp of flaxseed meal and 5 tbsp warm water in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In a medium, microwave-safe bowl, melt together almond butter and coconut oil until just melted. Add vanilla extract and coconut sugar and stir well to combine.
- Add flax egg to your wet mixture once it has thickened up (should take around 5 minutes). In a separate bowl, mix together almond flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Fold in almond flour in increments to the wet mixture until well combined. Add almond milk help combine everything together. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Transfer batter to oven-safe skillet. Bake on 350 for 20-25 minutes or until edges are golden brown, and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool for 5 minutes before cutting and serving.